Re: [OM] protecting images from theft

Subject: Re: [OM] protecting images from theft
From: Dylan <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:33:18 +1000
Even if it does prevent the image being cached, I doubt it would disable
the screen capture built into some advanced operating systems (like Mac
OS 6 upwards;-)
If anyone on this list is worried about theft of low-res web images,
they might as well be on the disposable_p&s_list@xxxxxxxx mailing list.
If I were worried about commercial misuse, I would use a copyright
symbol near enough to the interest point of the image that cropping it
would render the image worthless. Any more sophisticated techniques to
remove the copyright notice would probably cost more in time than just
paying for the picture! Unless you're actually selling your pictures
from the website for screensavers or whatever, why not jsut let joe
public download them and use them that way? It doesn't take away your
copyright and exclusive right to market the image.
Dylan