Re: [OM] OM:"slick" ebay dealer

Subject: Re: [OM] OM:"slick" ebay dealer
From: Wayne <wkatez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:01:49 -0400
Dirk Wright wrote:
"I respectfully disagree. The add didn't say "strap included" so why do you
expect a freebie? If it's a Mamiya TLR, the clips on the body are "special"
and require a special strap. It would have been wise to inquire before
bidding on this item. I used to have a Mamiya TLR, so I know about the
"special strap" stuff."

Dear Dirk,
I appreciate that you know all about the "special strap" stuff for the Mamiya
TLR.  I don't know much about Mamiya TLRs (always thought they were too heavy
and chunky for field work)..

I did, however, purchase my first Yashica TLR in 1962, the subject of my note,
and have owned or worked with a dozen or so over the years. I'm very familiar
with, and do own, the "special" clip straps to which you refer.

That said,  I did not expect a "freebie" - I expected the item I purchased. The
sole purpose of my note was to warn other list members to be very careful with
attention to details when purchasing from Pittsburgh Camera Exchange.

FYI Dirk, ever-ready cases for Yashica TLR cameras ALWAYS have a strap attached
because when the camera is in the case one can't use that "special strap" to
which you refer because the strap fastener slot is already being used to secure
the camera in the case.

So, silly me, when a merchant advertises a " Yashica Mat camera with its
beautiful, original case" I assumed they meant a complete case with strap.

Sorry that my eMail stressed you to the point that you felt compelled to
disagree with my personal expectations of reputable photo equipment dealers.

Thanks for your opinion, though.
BTW, do you live in Pittsburgh?

Wayne