Re: [OM] OM:"slick" ebay dealer

Subject: Re: [OM] OM:"slick" ebay dealer
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:23:58 GMT
At the risk of OT drift...

One reason I've avoided medium format system cameras is that I just don't grok the concept of setting up such a system.

"Okay, sir, here's your Broniblad.  That'll be $1,500."

"Uhh...where's the camera?  This is just a box with a mirror."

"Oh, well, you'll be needing a few other items. Let's see, dark slide, $150; rollfilm back, $200; focusing screen, $100; lens, $900; would you prefer the prism viewfinder at $1,200 or ... no? okay, then, standard viewfinder, $150. That's a total of just $3,000. And what film for you, sir?"

"I'll get back to you next year."

Lex
===
From: Wayne <wkatez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
the ad reads "includes the beautiful, black leather ever-ready
case" make sure that it also says "case includes strap".

I ordered a twin lens reflex with the above described case and it
arrived with no strap. (BTW the only way you can use a TLR case is
hanging around your neck.)

When I complained, I was told that they would check and send me a strap.
Them they send me an eMail and told me that the ad did not expressly say
that it included the strap. BUT, they had such a strap, and WOULD BE
HAPPY TO SELL IT TO ME!!.