Re: [OM] Vacation / bare bones rigs

Subject: Re: [OM] Vacation / bare bones rigs
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:16:00 +0200
Hi,

I also want to tell about my experiences with vacation outfit`s:

In the beginning I started with the usual Zoom-Set: 28-70 & 70-210.
I was glad to aquire a 1.4/50-zuik, which significantly improved the
possiblities,
on my first shooting trip. But I alway´s felt that 210 mm is too short and
changed to 60-300mm ( But hat to accept then that it doesn`t really help much).

When I bought my 2/85 the change to prime lenses can`t be stopped any more.
The short telephoto  fit`s exact my way of seeing photographs.
For a studying-trip I used the clssic and unbeatably compact 2.8/35 + 2/85-Team.
A really good combination. I was quite happy with em, only wanted a 200er twice.

So my favorite line became 24 - 35 - 85 - 200. I changed the 35 in the F 2.0
Version, and found the faster speed very helpful last autumn in Cuba (indoors).

To save weight I decided to take the 5/200 instead of the 4/200, which was
the right decission. I never missed the faster apperture in the south.
This is totaly different in Germany where I`m always happy that the 4/200 is so
bright,
due to it`s only 4-groups -construction, and always need the F4-apperture.

I also  carried the 3.5/50 Macro. It was fine when I decided  to take only
one lens with the camera. But when I needed macro capabilities it was
rest in the hotel  :-(.  So next time I think an extention-tube ( 7-mm)
is less weight and more worth, because it can always be with you.

For the next trip I`ll substitute the 35er with the 40mm lens. I think  40 mm
it fit`s
better in the 24 -85mm gap, and is unbeataby compact. I`m excited to see.

Frieder Faig