Re: [OM] camera windowpod/support

Subject: Re: [OM] camera windowpod/support
From: Dylan <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:51:08 +1000
If you think they don't like people photoing, just wait till you find
out what they think of people trying to secretly and surreptitiously
photo! If I saw you doing what you're suggesting out the front of _my_
house, I'd get the police to look up your license plates and find out
what you're up to! Of course, the Australian police are likely to be
more gentle in their questioning than the lads in the middle east.
If you're upfront about photography, and do your best to look like any
other tourist (ie  don't fiddle forever with a big black bogen, don't
flaunt your multiple long lenses), the worst that will happen is that
someone will say "no, you can't take photos here ["unless you pay me x",
sometimes}", and though I've had people say that, I've never had anyone
confiscate film even if I had already snapped a shot (and I never paid,
unless it was signposted at the gate).
Dylan