Re: [OM] Light meters?

Subject: Re: [OM] Light meters?
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:47:09 -0700
"John A. Lind" wrote:

> At 14:31 6/11/00 , I wrote:
> >*The* name with greatest name recognition for light meters today is Gossen,
> >just as Weston was *the* name 30 and 40 years ago.
>
> Oops; forgot!  What do I use?
> Weston Ranger 9; spot meter, wide by today's standards, but works for me.
> Weston Master V; mostly incident readings using the invercone diffuser.

Several years ago my father in the UK sent me his Western Master V plus
the invercone. It looks like the day it was made but unfortunately the
light sensitive cell has begun to die and a local repair shop tells me
that replacement cells are hard to come by. Can anyone offer any
suggestions as to where I could obtain a new cell? I would like to keep
the meter in good working order if only for sentimental reasons.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC, Canada