Re: [OM] Light meters?

Subject: Re: [OM] Light meters?
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:41:08 +0100
John Hudson wrote:

>Several years ago my father in the UK sent me his Western Master V plus
>the invercone. It looks like the day it was made but unfortunately the
>light sensitive cell has begun to die and a local repair shop tells me
>that replacement cells are hard to come by. Can anyone offer any
>suggestions as to where I could obtain a new cell? I would like to keep
>the meter in good working order if only for sentimental reasons.

The only suggestion I have is a company called Instrument Services, based in
London (UK), who service and repair Weston meters. They're not cheap - their
standard CLA was £46 last time I sent my V to them, about two years ago. No
idea if they would have new cells or not. Their phone no. is +44 (0)208 504
8885 (omiy the zero in brackets if dialling from abroad). Sorry, I don't
know of anyone else.

Simon E.