Re: [OM] Zuiko 28mm/f2.0: Shades & Coatings

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 28mm/f2.0: Shades & Coatings
From: "John Prosper" <japrosper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:29:32 EDT
Hi Giles,

Oh, I have owned  a 49-55mm step up ring for well over a decade.

The correct filter size is only one of the factors which negate my 28mm purchases. The biggest reason is because the focal length is an 'odd' in-between size for me. It lacks the naturalism of the 35mm and the dramatic angle of view (AOV) of the 24mm. I normally opt for the AOV of one of these lenses and tend to find it very hard to justify the purchase for those relatively few images which appear to be uniquely 28mm. Just one of those vexing purchasing decisions which will probably only be resolved when I've accummulated all the lenses I feel I really need. Only then will I get truly concerned with rounding out my outfit with 'frivilous luxuries.' ;-)

John