Re: [OM] (Fwd) Question about manual Olympus Options

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Question about manual Olympus Options
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 20:28:23 -0700
Jim Patterson writes:

<< I have good Zuiko lenses and have always held that the lens is the
definitive issue when it comes to picture quality. >>

If ALL other factors are held constant it is. But that includes film
type, camera support/steadiness, shutter speed, focusing screen,
contrast of the subject, accuracy of focus, movement of the subject and
perhaps a slew of other things I can't think of.

<< My question is are there any advantages as far as image quality with
any of the newer cameras? >>

Hum, you wouldn't ask that if you believe that the lens tells all.
There are to many different cameras, both modern and classic, and too
many different lenses to be able to answer this. Narrow the focus to one
camera and one lens vs. one camera and one lens and we'll probably know
the answer or be able to point you to objective data that will PARTLY
answer that question for you.

Meanwhile, check out the data at:
http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm

Gary Reese