Re: [OM] Tom Scales (OT - cars)

Subject: Re: [OM] Tom Scales (OT - cars)
From: Daryl F Hurley <dhurley@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 23:55:46 -0500

On Thu, 4 May 2000 23:07:40 -0400 "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Do I detect road rage, or is someone on the ragged edge? :-)
>
> Dirk, we know you well enough to no take your comments seriously.

> What really doesn't make sense is a car that will go two or three
> times the legal limit.
> Where are you going to use them today?

I-70 from Topeka to Denver............stopping once in awhile to take a
few shots with the OM's while refueling.........

> But the memories of when we could are good!

I think of the '66 Plymouth Belvedere 4 door sedan the factory built
wrong.  It was for the highway patrol, but somebody screwed up and sent
one of the batch out with a 4 speed manual, highway patrol refused to
accept delivery of that one car.  The dealer let me have it at cost
rather than stick that "plain jane" 4-door/4-speed on his
lot.........0-60 before your Buick got off the line   ;-)        well,
under 4 seconds anyway.........but this is off topic, couldn't
resist........memories.......

Acer:  when it starts to let go on a corner, turn into the slide, hammer
the throttle, ride it sideways.  When you get a little bite of track
you're lined up to dive in low to the inside and pass the two cars in
front of you, stay on the throttle into turn 3, repeat..........

Daryl "dirt track" Hurley
Topeka, KS

PS:  disclaimer, not for paved streets....only on the dirt!  Don't try
this at low speed, it only works when your going too
fast........actually, don't try it at any speed without proper equipment
(you need a couple pieces of rope to cinch down the left side suspension)
and supervision.  Everybody back to the OM's now!