Re: [OM] Winder 2 on tripod & drive questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 2 on tripod & drive questions
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 06:31:09 +0100
Evan wrote:
>...My only issue with the winder 2 is that there's no way to screw in a
cable
>release.  It just feels more natural to me on a tripod to use one.  Any of
>you know of a way to rig it up so you can do this?

How odd. I thought I was a major retro-griper about modern cameras not
accepting cable releases, but the Winder 2's 2.5mm socket allows for an
almost infinite choice of remote release methods. It's just a matter of
finding a suitable button or switch for the other end of the lead, which can
itself be of much finer gauge and less stiff than any cable release.
You could, I suppose, make up a small box with a microswitch inside where
the actuator is opposite a drilled and tapped hole for a standard c/r, and
even put sponge between them for a bit of artificial resistance. Attach the
box to the Winder 2 with a glued on 2.5mm plug, in OM10 manual adapter
fashion.

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)