Re: [OM] Winder 2 on tripod & drive questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 2 on tripod & drive questions
From: David Barnblatt <dbarnblatt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:40:51 -0700
A possible solution to this is to get a Motor Drive 1 or 2 and a control
grip with a relay cord to bring the grip off camera.  This will make the
package even lighter that a winder. (Maybe not the Motor Drive 2, it is
a heafty solid piece of equipment.)  The control grip then could be set
on lock to avoid any accidental release of the shutter and put in your
pocket.   Or you could use the grip as a shutter release (instead of a
cable release to take the shots.  Depending on how the camera is
mounted, the relay cord may interfere with the tripod quick release.

I have seen Motor Drive 1's and grips for sale on ebay for less that
$200.00 at closing. The motor Drive  1 is so small!!!! It has a metal
body (the winder in plastic on the lower half) and is very durable!

David