Re: [OM] OM photo contest

Subject: Re: [OM] OM photo contest
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:36:12 EDT
Wayne, I'm still having difficulting digesting your apparent
generousity, but I do have some suggestions:

>So, I'm open to suggestions on how to proceed, or even if there is
much
>interest. Here are some suggestions I currently have:
>
>1) Take the sum total of each persons TOPE and ADITL photos over a
>    specified period as the submission and the winner is the one
deemed
>    consistently the best.

I don't like this idea.

>2) Offer multiple smaller prises rather than one big prise.

This is good.

>3) Define the subject matter to a limited set, such as portrait,
>    landscape, photojournalism, etc. with clear criteria.

One prize for each catagory, and one grand prize. Maybe separate pro
and am prizes?

>4) Pick a topic that has potential to affect people's view of the
world
>    and help avoid destroying it.

I don't understand this one.

>Given the low response to the initial offering, maybe there is not
that
>much interest? So, I would like to open up to the list that I would be
>willing to sponsor either my original proposal or a modified one of
>similar monetary value. What is it about photography that captures
your
>interest and imagination?

I'm interested but feel way outmatched by the caliber of photographer's
on this list.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright