[OM] Zuiko 50 mm f 1.4 ( One more time).

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 50 mm f 1.4 ( One more time).
From: "Ángel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 13:07:26 +0200

        Hello all.

        Across the years we know some things concerning the different series of
the Zuiko lenses. Not much. It is a hard work. Even with the more simple
and standard 50 mms lenses we must work like a hard research and enquiry.
Some years ago I compare this situation with the world of Nikon and
conclude that the people user of this brand of photo gear have no problem
with the series of the lenses ( and the information of elements, groups,
coating,elements of metal-plastic construction,  first and last serial
number of every one and even the date of manufacture of the different
series), because all the information concerning the different series of
lenses and the serial numbers of theese lenses are of public domain and
very clear.

        Sadly this is not the case with our loved Zuikos.

        I want explain a new doubt concerning our Zuiko 50 mm  f 1.4:

        1.- We know the first lens "G.Zuiko" Chrome and Black (Both single
cated).

        2.- We know the first multicoated lens engraved "MC" with serial number
usually described as < 1 000 000. (At least on the Gary Reese lenst tests
web page).

        2.- We know too the last multi coated lens engraved "Japan" and usually
described as > 1 000 000.

        I am a "Zuiko 50 mm collector" and I know this is a question that don´t
worry some people on the Oly List, but some times I have the tentation of
write to the List asking about a Zuiko 50mm f1.4 lens engraved "MC" with
the serial number that go into the theoretical serial number of the modern
"Japan". Today I have seen another one:

" OLYMPUS OM SYSTEM ZUIKO MC AUTO-S 1:1.4 f = 50 mm 1 072 XXX ".

        This is the complet text engraved on the filter ring of this lens. I
want
to know (as collector) if this lens is a last edition lens ( family of the
modern "Japan") or if this lens is simply a firts edition multi coated lens
(family of the "MC" series), but with a serial number included in the
theoretical serial number of the modern and theoretical best  multi coated
"Japan" >1 000 000.

        I don´t worry about the numbers, but yes about the "contents" of the
lens
and if I must collect this item.

        Thanks.

        Ángel Lobo.