Re: [OM] Zuiko 50 mm f 1.4 ( One more time).

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 50 mm f 1.4 ( One more time).
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:17:18 -0700
Ángel writes:

<< " OLYMPUS OM SYSTEM ZUIKO MC AUTO-S 1:1.4 f = 50 mm 1 072 XXX ".

        This is the complet text engraved on the filter ring of this
lens. I want to know (as collector) if this lens is a last edition lens
( family of the modern "Japan") or if this lens is simply a firts
edition multi coated lens (family of the "MC" series), but with a serial
number included in the theoretical serial number of the modern and
theoretical best  multi coated "Japan" >1 000 000. >>

It is my opinion, in owning one of these early "1,000,00 series," that
it is in the last generation, i.e., with  all multicoated elements.  I
base it on comparing the predominately green reflections of it and the
1,000,000 series without MC on the ring.  They look the same. On these
low 1,000,000 series lenses, Olympus was still in the stage of adding MC
to the rings to differentiate a multicoated lens.

Another interesting variation is among boxes for the first generation of
MC 50mm f/1.8 lenses.  There are marked "F.Zuiko MC"  We all know that
to be nonsense, but it's there!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV