Re: [OM] AGFA Scala 200x b/w slide film

Subject: Re: [OM] AGFA Scala 200x b/w slide film
From: Tatu Laitinen <sara.laitinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 10:36:40 +0300

John Hudson wrote:

> I am about to try a 36 exposure roll of Agfa Scala 200x black and white
> slide film. Agfa's literature says that it can be pulled to 100 or pushed
> to 1600. It has to be sent to Toronto Image Works for processing. Seems
> that this is the only processing station in Canada.
>
> Is there any experience out there in Zuikoland of having used this film?
> Although nominally rated at 200 ISO are there any advantages to going with
> either a higher or lower ISO exposure rating and if so what is recommended?
> The last time I shot b/w slides was in the late 1960s so this will be whole
> new come back!
>
> John Hudson
> Vancouver, BC

 I have a very limited experience with this film (about 20 rolls). This film
compares very well with Velvia in sharpness (might be even a tad sharper!).
It´s way overpriced (At least here in Finland), costing two times the price of
Velvia! Last winter I used it in 120-format with my Rolleiflex (2.8F), and
photos were beautifull. Try it, You wont be disapointed, that´s a promise...
:)

_Tatu