[OM] AGFA Scala 200x b/w slide film

Subject: [OM] AGFA Scala 200x b/w slide film
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:29:43 -0700

I am about to try a 36 exposure roll of Agfa Scala 200x black and white slide film. Agfa's literature says that it can be pulled to 100 or pushed to 1600. It has to be sent to Toronto Image Works for processing. Seems that this is the only processing station in Canada.

Is there any experience out there in Zuikoland of having used this film? Although nominally rated at 200 ISO are there any advantages to going with either a higher or lower ISO exposure rating and if so what is recommended? The last time I shot b/w slides was in the late 1960s so this will be whole new come back!

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC