[OM] Re (OM) Tiny 70-210s

Subject: [OM] Re (OM) Tiny 70-210s
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 03:39:04 -0400
Adding my $0.02, I have been pleasantly surprised at the photos from a
Tokina 80-200 SMZ with macro I recently purchased.  Wasn't expecting much
for the price, but it has great contrast, and the photos have a great 3D
look to them.  The bokah seems to be pretty good, at least on the photos
I've used it for.

Gregg

>   I'm looking for a tiny zoom in this range, and was wondering if
> anyone here has used the Tokina 70-210 SZX ?
>
>                                       *= Doris Fang =*

I  have had  a Tokina 70-210/f4-5.6 SZX for many years  and have been
pleased with it.  Not  too long ago,  I bought a Zuiko 65-200/f4 and shot
some slides of  the same detailed subject using each lens. I was a bit
chagrined that the images from  the Tokina zoom seemed visibly superior
(with more 'dimension') to those from  the  Zuiko. So much so that the Zuiko
sits unused. Of course,  the  small size and low weight of the Tokina often
factor heavily into  the 'which lens to take' equation too.

This  was  a very  subjective 'test', and  I would love to see how  this
Tokina would fare in a more formal setting like  Gary's lens  tests.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx
Check out this site if you want to speed up your connection!
http://i.winfire.com/s/isapiEng.dll/wf.exe?cmd=rl&672,60018669&wf.exe