Re: [OM] OM1 foam replacement

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 foam replacement
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 09:51:29 EDT
>Does anyone know if this is true, or have I misunderstood the location
of foam pieces in the camera?

you probably meant the foam in the mirror box for cushioning the mirror
when it slaps up. I replaced mine with self-stick eye glass nose
cushions, available for cheap here in the states at drugstores. I used
a razor to cut one into a couple of small rectangles. Make sure you can
still open the frame that holds the screen after you install them.The
pinkish-orange color doesn't seem to influence the quality of the
pictures at all. Make sure that as much of the old foam is removed as
possible. I used a wood toothpick to scrap away the bits of rotted old
foam.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright