Re: [OM] rear coating

Subject: Re: [OM] rear coating
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 00:06:12 +0000
Lee Hawkins tested a stuff I use called Opticlean.  I think I saved his
post somewhere and could re-post it if anyone is interested.

Opticlean is a polymer you paint on which then dries quite quickly.
You then peel off the polymer like a skin with the aid af a sticky label.
Any dust grease and whatever is retained in the polymer.  The good thing
about this stuff is there is absolutely no rubbing of the lens with
anything so no possibility of abrasion.

Lee tested this stuff on first surface mirrors of telescopes in an
observatory.

Giles