Re: [OM] light leak

Subject: Re: [OM] light leak
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:14:02 -0700
At 09:59 PM 3/29/00 -0500, Jodi Jakeway wrote:
>     Hello listers,
>I am new to SLR photography and this list.  I hope someone can help me.  I
>have an Olympus OM2000 bought new in August 1999.  I have shot dozens of rolls
>of film with no problems until recently.  The last five rolls have slight
>streaking at the neg edges and the prints have a slight lightening at the
>edges where this streak occurs.  I thought it could be a light leak from the
>door channels, so I applied contact cement and black yarn (according to Camera
>Repair & Maintenance by Tomosy) to the door channels along the bottom (the top
>has a foam strip already).  I shot and developed a roll this afternoon and the
>streaks are still on the neg edges, although the images look pretty good.
>Any ideas on what I can do?
>thanks, Jodi Jakeway

Jodi:

More info, please.  Do you develop your own negs, or job them out?  Is it
always to the same development lab, or different places?  Try to think of any
and all variables in this equation.  It might not be the camera at all, given
what little info you've told us about your attempts to prevent further leaks.

Garth

"No, this is the Great Theatre of Life.  Admission is free, but the taxation is
mortal.  You come when you can, and leave when you must.  The show is
continuous.  Good-night."

    -- Robertson Davies
       1913 - 1995