Re: [OM] Need a little help re IS-10 or IS-20

Subject: Re: [OM] Need a little help re IS-10 or IS-20
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 22:56:29 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rand E." <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 1:50 PM
Subject: [OM] Need a little help re IS-10 or IS-20

> Can anybody refer me to some kind of reviews/evaluations for the IS-10
> or IS-20.  I just acquired one for a rather nice price off eBay.  No, I
> don't know which one.  All that was given was characteristics and
> comparing that to the Oly America page it should be the IS-20 because it
> has the panorama feature.  Actually though, it could be many things.  I
> will find out exactly when it arrives.
> Thanks,
> Rand E.

Hi Rand

I take it that you are aware of Hans' iS page at the e-sif site? Otherwise the
address is http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/is-series/is-series.htm
Anyway, this is THE place to go for any possible info on the iS cameras. And
btw,
it's not a typo - it's actually spelled with a small"i". It was only after some
contact with Hans that I came to realize that this was the correct spelling, and
AFAIK he's still the only one on the net who refers to this camera system...,
sorry, camera SERIES  ;-), with a small "i".

As far as reviews on those models mentioned there used to be a review of iS-10 /
iS-100 at http://www.ee.nus.sg/~zhu/photo/compact/Olympus_IS-100_r.html , but
unfortunately I've been unable to open this site for some time.
PhotographyReview
however have reviews of most of the iS models. Check out
http://www.photographyreview.com/reviews/35mm_cameras/

The original iS-10 model appears to have had some deficiencies as far as quality
is concerned, so for your sake I hope it's the later iS-10s or iS-20 model that
you've acquired. Good luck with your "new" camera Rand!

Per (iS owner for six years now and still haven't regretted a single day)
Nordenberg
Zoo keeper at Kolmården, Sweden

--
Do not walk while looking through the viewfinder of your camera
(you could get a real closeup view of the bottom of the Grand Canyon).