Re: [OM] Lithium batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Lithium batteries
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:22:56 -0700
At 08:39 PM 3/23/00 -0500, you wrote:
>This is what the FAQ says:
>
>Also, a lithium cell the size of two SR44's will *not* work
>         properly in those cameras that take SR44's.  It will power the
>         camera OK for a while, but its voltage will quickly drop below the
>         minimum necessary for proper operation.
>
>My question is: how long is a "while?" Using OM4t's, can I get 4 OK weeks of
>daily shooting? 2 weeks? 2 days?  I'm interested in the cold weather
>performance of lithium versus silver or alkaline.

Clyde:

A "while" is on the order of one to two weeks at normal room temperatures,
based on my experience.  I tried using the doubled-up lithiums in my OM-4, and
was nothing if not unhappy with the "performance" (if I can use that word).
Stick with SR44/Silver 357/[whatever their equivalents are called where you buy
them].  Good cold-weather performance and good life, due to relatively flat
discharge curve.

Good luck.

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
  than a good day doing just about
  anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

    http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/