Re: [OM] Lithium batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Lithium batteries
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:23:47 -0800
On 23 Mar 2000, at 20:39, Clyde Soles wrote:

> This is what the FAQ says:
>
> Also, a lithium cell the size of two SR44's will *not* work
>       properly in those cameras that take SR44's.  It will power the
>       camera OK for a while, but its voltage will quickly drop below the
>       minimum necessary for proper operation.
>
> My question is: how long is a "while?" Using OM4t's, can I get 4 OK
> weeks of daily shooting? 2 weeks? 2 days?  I'm interested in the cold
> weather performance of lithium versus silver or alkaline.

I'm not sure about cold weather performance, but I had problems with
Lithiums in my OM-10 a few years back, and have stayed with Silver Oxide
ever since. In one case, the lithium cells died suddenly during a round of
heavy use at a wedding (about 10-14 rolls in an hour or so). In another, the
lithium cells passed battery check, but caused the OM-10 mirror to lock
halfway, a sign of low battery. Replacing with SR44s fixed the problem.

I no longer have the OM-10s, but always use SR44/EPX376 in my OM-4T.

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright
(Olympus List Archives)