Re: [OM] om2sp / the battery part

Subject: Re: [OM] om2sp / the battery part
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:29:22 -0800
=====The other thing I've been thinking about is the batteries themselves.
Everyone says that silver oxide batteries is better than alkalines. But
how much better are they? I've been using the same pair of alkalines for
two years now (with my OM-2), and I recently put them in the OM-2sp, and
they are working fine there.
Is it worth it too search for silveroxide? At least here in sweden the
alkalines are easier to find :-).
Thanx,
(btw.this list rocks!!!)
/Rikard.B========

I had been using the alkalines in my OM2 when I first got it and
had a lot of trouble with it.
The mirror would lock up after only a short time with fresh batteries
even though the battery indicator read good.
I thought I had an electrical problem.
Since changing to silver oxide, quite a while ago, I never had the problem
again.

Charlie L.