RE: [OM] 28/3.5 bokeh :)

Subject: RE: [OM] 28/3.5 bokeh :)
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 16:33:00 +0000
It is mentioned when describing a lens because not all lenses blur the
background, or foreground, in the same way.  There can be a sort of
flavour to the way things are blured.  Some lenses have a very pleasant
smooth sort of bokeh whereas others can give a distracting and harsh
appearance to blurred areas.

A lens with pleasant bokeh is often very good as a portrait lens as the
smooth blur somehow seems to make the in-focus subject stand out and seem
3D.

Giles