Re: [OM] Photography in "public" places

Subject: Re: [OM] Photography in "public" places
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:06:06 -0800
At 12:44 PM 3/17/00 -0600, you wrote:

>Moreover, a passenger is forbidden from entering a cockpit and especially
>forbidden from taking of photographs while in flight.  This is a major
>violation of an FAR.
>
>Again, rules are violated everyday, just like you can take photographs in
>the mall and someone not say anything and the next day someone may say
>something.
>
>Take care,
>
>Sam...

Well,

Here is where there may be a "cultural" difference. The airline I was on a
few weeks ago was Canadian North (part of Canadian International) and I was
invited into the cockpit for the entire trip -- takeoff to landing. WestJet
airlines (one of our regional carriers) has the stewardesses bring kids and
adults into the cockpit regularly while enroute. There is no "rule" that
prevents the aircrew from inviting anyone into the cockpit. The only "rule"
is that no-one, other than the aircrew, may operate the aircraft or its
equipment. Just because an airline has its own policy does not mean that
becomes a part of the FARS. There are also no Federal regulations, at least
in Canada, that prohibit taking pictures while in an airline.

Barry H