Re: [OM] Photography in "public" places

Subject: Re: [OM] Photography in "public" places
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:44:35 -0600
Yeah, really Gary.  These guys are funny.  The mere fact that a person or
persons have taken photo's on a Major airline is one thing.  Major airlines
are governed by FARS and what ever rule an airline adopts (can't be against
the law) becomes part of the FARS and the airline is covered by Federal Law.

All major airlines forbid the taking of photographs while an aircraft is in
flight.  Now think about, is it enforced.  Well it sounds like Barry did it
and got away with it.  He claimed to have done  this on NWT.  ( I do not
know what airline this is, it's not Northwest airline, perhaps a subsidiary.

Moreover, a passenger is forbidden from entering a cockpit and especially
forbidden from taking of photographs while in flight.  This is a major
violation of an FAR.

Again, rules are violated everyday, just like you can take photographs in
the mall and someone not say anything and the next day someone may say
something.

Take care,

Sam...