Re: [OM] Zuiko 100/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 100/2
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 06:17:19 -0600
Well, the overall opinion of the 100/2 matches my expectations. I am
fortunate, based on what I am reading, that I'll probably be able to keep
the 100/2.8 also, as I it picked it up cheap.  I am usually a small size and
weight focused person, which is causing quite a struggle on how to define
the perfect field kit.  I have fallen head over heals for the 85/2, and use
it a lot.

Now Olaf, you got my 'wants and needs' going again by mentioning the one
zoom seriously lacking in my collection, the 35-80.  Perhaps when I achieve
lens nirvana and obtain one, I'll be able to stop buying.

Yeah, right.

So, listers, whenever you find the need to 'dispose of' a 35-80, call me
first.

Once I get home (today hopefully, been gone for almost two weeks, long
story....cameraless?!?!), my weekend OM project is to set out the lenses,
play with them, shoot with them, and come up with the 'small kit' and the
'large kit'. While it can never be permenent, it's a start.  Oh yes, one
more, the briefcase kit.  I've been keeping an OM-2S with a 50 f/1.8 with me
pretty much at all times, for those 'lucky shots'.  Another 'project' is to
play around with what's the right single body/single lens to keep with you.
Thoughts?  Now that Lars has helped me out (Thanks, Lars), I suspect it's
going to be OM-2n with the 40/2.  We'll see.

Tom

> Hi Tom (and the rest of the list),

<snip>

 less use as a "standard" lens (in the respect that it's the one which is