[OM] M System lenses question - and introduction of Jaap Korten to the l

Subject: [OM] M System lenses question - and introduction of Jaap Korten to the list
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 02:23:33 PST
Cc: j.korten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Gary, Jaap, and others:

Does anyone have information on which lenses were available with M System identification rings (i.e., sold at the same time as the Olympus M-1)? Perhaps the same 5 lenses that were sold with the FTL?

A while ago I was at Jaap Korten's house, who has an extensive collection of all sorts of Olympus gear. FTL wise he has a lot. M-system wise, a bit less, but he does have at least the 50/1.8 and the 135/3.5 as M-system versions. Also, he has the original box of an "M-system bellows", but unfortunately he doesn't have the bellows itself.

This is as much as I know about what he has for the M-system, however, we were discussing a bit about the M-system stuff, and there's reason to believe that ALL the lenses that initialy were introduced in 1972 with the OM-system, actually also existed as M-system versions.

Then, I have a Dutch book about the OM cameras that dates back to the seventies, in which a picture is printed which has one of the most bizarre lenses I've ever seen: a prototype (i.e. it has the notorious 100001 serial no.) 35/2.8 Shift M-system lens...

Finally, Jaap is very new to the Internet and I'm helping him out getting fully on-line. He takes great interest in this forum, and as such he wants to subscribe soon (probably within some two weeks or so). For the Dutch Oly-people Jaap needs no introduction, as everyone knows him, but for the others I'll inform you that Jaap probably is Europe's biggest Olympus collector and has, amongst others, a _complete_ Pen system! Soon, I will write more regarding some other to be announced stuff, but it looks like we will soon have a new Olympus guru amongst us!

Gary: I have CC'ed Jaap (j.korten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) on this message, so you can send him direct e-mail with questions about Oly stuff. Jaap: as you're rather new to the Internet, you can reach Gary at: pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx . Also, Gary has an extensive page (of which I currently don't have the address over here) with test data of virtually all the OM lenses: highly interesting!

Oly-list: hang on for a while, much more is to come very soon to a browser near you...;)

Cheers!
Olafo