[OM] Zuiko 100/2

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 100/2
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 00:25:06 PST
Hi Tom (and the rest of the list),

I am pleased to hear this. As you all know, I'm trying (between the crises of life) to setup a little portrait studio,

I see in this respect we are much alike, as I find myself in a very similar situation (although in my case the time consuming factors are not crisises (SP?), but just too much stuff that needs my attention going on at the same time).

Regarding the portrait studio: I've made a point of it to dedicate some time to that too, so I'm almost set...

Then:

I was able to just pick up a 100/2 and was wondering the general opinion. Sounds like I can successfully replace the 100/2.8 with it. I wasn't sure which would be better for portraits.

Well, I can only second the nice comments that have already been made about this lens. It's a heavy sucker, but it's the lens which I nowadays more or less use as a "standard" lens (in the respect that it's the one which is most often mounted on my camera). I absolutely love this lens, and it will not be before I get the 35-80/2.8 that I see the 100/2 being second to any other lens in my arsenal (and even then it will still remain king and master for the portrait work)...

Cheers!
Olafo