[no subject]

From: Robin M Allen <rallen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 13:37:55 +0200 (EET)
About -
H Lehmann Ltd., 249 London Rd., Stoke-On-Trent, Staffs ST4 5AA. Tel 01782 413611

I was in Stoke, UK, a while back and enquired about a service for my OM2SP
and this company quoted me 150 GBP just to look at it.  I can buy a nice
used one in Finland for less than that so I didnt bother with them.

I often get comments from people whilst taking pictures in public especially
if you get a tripod out.  I was taking a picture of the outside of my own
apartment block last week and someone said 'do you realise that there are
flats in there?'.  In a square in London, UK a man with a uniform came up to
me whilst I was taking a picture of a nearby building with a hand held Zuiko
200/4 and said that 'it's 150 GPB per hour to photograph in here and all
parks in the borough of Westminster'.  There were two female Japanese
tourists using a Nikon SLR just a few metres from me and he ignored them and
all the other people taking pictures in the park.  I told him I was an
amateur and he remained annoyed and told me to move on.

One of the reasons I enjoy taking pictures in Finland is that I feel
relatively safe and much of the country is open land to which all people
have free access.  As I take more and more pictures and consider attempting
to sell them I'm increasingly concerned about the legality of what I'm
doing.  Are there any web sites that deal with this sort of thing?

Robin.