Re: [OM] Time to say bye

Subject: Re: [OM] Time to say bye
From: Bob Sull <w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 20:57:56 -0500
Buddy Walters wrote:

   8<  (snip)

> I have, for over 2 years, described this forum as an entertaining "Leather
> Bound Encyclopedia of Olympus and Photography".  I have always read "how to"
> books, so it was a natural for me to gravitate to the forum.   My wife, on
> the other hand, likes to read paper back novels for entertainment.
>
> It is my opinion that the forum has gradually changed to more of an
> entertaining novel and less of an encyclopedia.  This is not bad, it is just
> different and not my taste.

In some ways I have to echo Buddy's comments.

A few years ago I decided to buy a new camera.  I bought a Canon EOS A2e
and a few lenses.  I put my Olys aside and began shooting the EOS stuff.

Then I found this forum and enjoyed it.  I enjoyed it so much that I
broke out the OM-1md and the OM-1n and the OM-2 and started using them
again.  My interest in Olympus was rekindled.

Lately however, I was wondering if I changed or the OM forum changed.  I
still carry an OM with me almost all of the time and still enjoy using
my Oly stuff and my EOS stuff.  But I have found myself using the delete
button faster and reading posts less and less.  My read to delete
without reading ratio is probably 1:10 now.  Threads seem to go on
forever and wander from the original subject.  (I have to admit that I
have been part of the OT stuff at times.)

Bob

--
                   //////
                  ( 0 0 )