[OM] Time to say bye

Subject: [OM] Time to say bye
From: "Buddy Walters" <IRBWalters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:59:45 -0800
I just wanted to apologies for my rude and inconsiderate outburst toward Tom
this past Sunday (of all days).  I let anger control my actions, obviously
not a good thing.

The reason for this anger is I feel I have lost something I have enjoyed
very much.  Not that it went away, it just changed.  It did not change for
the worst, in many eyes it has changed for the better.

I have, for over 2 years, described this forum as an entertaining "Leather
Bound Encyclopedia of Olympus and Photography".  I have always read "how to"
books, so it was a natural for me to gravitate to the forum.   My wife, on
the other hand, likes to read paper back novels for entertainment.

It is my opinion that the forum has gradually changed to more of an
entertaining novel and less of an encyclopedia.  This is not bad, it is just
different and not my taste.

The good news is, it is spring, and time to golf and go fly-fishing.  So I
am unsubscribing today.
I do not want anyone thinking the post regarding my outburst ran me off.  No
one said anything out of line.  To the contrary, it made me take a look at
myself and understand why I no longer enjoy the list.

Good Luck to all.
Sincerely,
Buddy Walters