Re: [OM] Time to say bye

Subject: Re: [OM] Time to say bye
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:19:32 +0000

From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>

Buddy,

I hope you enjoy your hiatus, if that is what it is.  Many lists go through
these dark times, and many great contributors like yourself elect to
uns*ubscribe because a list isn't "fun" anymore.

I expect the list will come back to "normal" over the next few
months.  Maybe it's just a case of cabin fever from the winter?  Anyway, I
hope you have a good time fishing.  Catch a big salmon for us.

Hope you see you back when things return to normal.

Skip

At 3/7/00 10:59 AM  -0800, you wrote:
>I just wanted to apologies for my rude and inconsiderate outburst toward Tom
>this past Sunday (of all days).  I let anger control my actions, obviously
>not a good thing.
>
>The reason for this anger is I feel I have lost something I have enjoyed
>very much.  Not that it went away, it just changed.  It did not change for
>the worst, in many eyes it has changed for the better.
>
>I have, for over 2 years, described this forum as an entertaining "Leather
>Bound Encyclopedia of Olympus and Photography".  I have always read "how to"
>books, so it was a natural for me to gravitate to the forum.   My wife, on
>the other hand, likes to read paper back novels for entertainment.
>
>It is my opinion that the forum has gradually changed to more of an
>entertaining novel and less of an encyclopedia.  This is not bad, it is just
>different and not my taste.
>
>The good news is, it is spring, and time to golf and go fly-fishing.  So I
>am uns*ubscribing today.
>I do not want anyone thinking the post regarding my outburst ran me off.  No
>one said anything out of line.  To the contrary, it made me take a look at
>myself and understand why I no longer enjoy the list.
>
>Good Luck to all.
>Sincerely,
>Buddy Walters

Skip Williams