Re: [OM] Better Flash recs & handle mounted flash Q

Subject: Re: [OM] Better Flash recs & handle mounted flash Q
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:58:03 +0000 (GMT)

On 3 Mar 2000, Christopher Biggs wrote:

> A Farad (the unit of electrical capacitance) is defined as two stored
> charges of one coulomb separated by a potential difference of one
> volt.

> p.s. I haven't done analog electronic theory for so long I had to look
> up the definition of a Farad, so somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

That's sort of right.  A capacitor has a capacitance of 1 farad if it
holds a charge of 1 coulomb when there is a pd of 1 volt across it, i.e
capacitance is coulombs of stored charge per volt of pd.

As to the energy discharge of a T32, I don't know off-hand, but I'm sure
I remember someone here mentioning it in passing once...  I'll try and
remember to look in the manual, it might be in there.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |