Re: [OM] Better Flash recs & handle mounted flash Q

Subject: Re: [OM] Better Flash recs & handle mounted flash Q
From: Emil Pozar <emil.pozar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 13:04:41 +0100
Joey Richards wrote:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,
> But you're right -- 4 t32's probably wouldn't give a good exposure
> across a football field.  That is because (1) the GN is rated for
> f/1 and you'll be lucky to be using an f/2.8 lens and (2) GNs are
> really white lies and generally assume nice indoor conditions
> with lots of light bouncing off the walls and all that.

My quite recent test showed than there is almost nil difference between
the GN at the open (at night, zero ambient light) and inside an ordinary
white_walled room. Within 1/3 f-stop.

BTW, it also revealed that (by definition?) all flashes have less GN
than advertised and that only good_quality cells are capable of feeding
the flash to it's maximum output.

Emil