Re: [OM] Better Flash recs & handle mounted flash Q

Subject: Re: [OM] Better Flash recs & handle mounted flash Q
From: "george" <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 13:11:27 -0800
Phillip;

Thanks for the info and experience.  I remember an interior photo done by
Ansel Adams, I think it was an ornate bar.  The way he lit it is described
in one of his "The ..." books, *or* his "Examples" book.  He did it by
'painting with light'. IOW he walked around with a light of some sort, I
can't recall exactly what, and was able to achieve the lighting effect he
wanted.

George

>George,
>
>I'm by no means an expert on on amount of light, distance traveled by
light, and the power
>required to light an object.  My knowledge is only based upon my experience
at using
>multiple strobes to light a product or a room.  In fact in about 900f all
my  photography
>a multiple strobe set up is used. And I would agree with your analysis that
using two or
>three T32's would not be the equivalent or a flash rated at 96.  To get the
T32 to throw