head use was Re: [OM] (long) whippersnapper needs legs and lightmeter

Subject: head use was Re: [OM] (long) whippersnapper needs legs and lightmeter
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 20:14:57 -0800 (PST)
Doris asked about predictued use/durability/speed, etc. Someone said forgo
the whole pan/tilt and get a B1....something tells me that's a lot of
money....

Mostly architecture/lanscape, macro outdoors. Cost I haven't given much
thought to, but shall we say US$200 should cover head/legs? That's about
40 more than a new 3021/3030 combo, and should suit me fine for now. It'll
be outdoor use and indoor architecture. Precision framing is of course
something to look for within cost limits. Durability: another given. I've
been bitten by the vintage bug, and appreciate good workmanship. Speed is
not too critical, as predicted use for this combo will be deliberate and
time will be taken to set up precisely as I want the image to be. For
quick grab-n-go type use, or informal indoor use, the current Samsonite
does well.

Seems Benbo is de riguer for macro in the field; Bogen doesn't reach down
low or was it just not mentioned? Any other Qs or specific?

/Acer V
--
Coming soon to a browser near you: The Whole Sort Of General Mish Mash,
now frames-enriched at no extra-charge!