Re: [OM] Matched 1.4x adaptor for Tokina 300/2.8?

Subject: Re: [OM] Matched 1.4x adaptor for Tokina 300/2.8?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:55:02 +0000
At 21:43 2/21/00 , BB wrote:
>On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:05:34 -0600, Ken Norton wrote:
>
>>Don't know about that, but Tupperwear makes/made a lid that is a perfect
>>fit for 300/2.8 lenses.
>
>So... short of taking my lens to the grocery store and trying on
>lids,any ideas on what size and whre to get?

You can't get Tupperware at the grocery store!  Only that nasty
competitor's stuff.  My better half used to deal in the stuff and you have
to buy it from a dealer.

Ask your better half if she has any Tupperware.  Then ask if she has any
"A" or "R" round seals.  I measured the "A" seal and it looks slightly
small.  The next size larger is an "R" and it looks to be slightly large.
Without the lens, though it's hard to tell.  The letter size is marked on
the tab on the seal.  If one fits, it will be one of those two.

Short of that, it's off to the grocery store with tusk in hand to see if
the nasty competitor's stuff fits.

-- John