[OM] LOOSE REAR LENS CAPS

Subject: [OM] LOOSE REAR LENS CAPS
From: John Burch <jburch@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 22:57:14 -0800
I had an OM-1n that I used for astro photography.  I used it with the
telescope as a prime and with a 50mm f1.4, and a 100mm f2.8.  I got too
excited during a total eclipse and burned two holes in the shutter, so I
did not use it until the 35mm IR bug hit me.  I then got an OM-1 (md) with
the motor drive and a 24mm f2.8.  This has turned into my take it
everywhere camera set, as it is so small.  I glued two rear lens caps
together with ABS cement so the lenses not on the camera do not rub agenst
each other in my pocket and are easy to change.  It turned out that one
lens cap was too loose, I used the ABS cement to build up the seating
surfaces and it now is tight.  This works very well.