RE: [OM] pls. critique (and sample images from 28/3.5)

Subject: RE: [OM] pls. critique (and sample images from 28/3.5)
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 23:42:59 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Harridge, Wayne wrote:

>Good series of shots generally, although I'm going to be a bit picky about a
>few !

All the better for future shoots!

>Reception - OK, but I like to see verticals as vertical, unless it's really
>exaggerated.

Gotcha. Not a great shot I think, but put it up to give an idea of the
place (after all, the assignment was to describe a place using photos).

>Cozy corner - Nice, but I'd like to see the verticals either parallel or
>more converging, looks a bit like it's not quite right.

Hehe, I liked it because it's an otherwise good shot made queasy by the
distortion <gg>

>Sitting room - Good, but I would like to see all the chair legs, may have
>been better shot vertically.

Tried it, but wanted to get the chair at left as well as painting at
right, and the widest I have is 28... So horizontal it is.

>Ages - I like the line of the banister.  I would burn in the right hand side
>of the photograph (VDUs & window area) to guide the viewer towards the
>centre rather than the right.

Tight on time to print, and already had gotten an extension to show
Thu. instead of Tue. Once I got it to the stage shown, I left it to work
on others.

Thanks,

/Acer V
--
Coming soon to a browser near you: The Whole Sort Of General Mish Mash,
now frames-enriched at no extra-charge!