RE: [OM] pls. critique (and sample images from 28/3.5)

Subject: RE: [OM] pls. critique (and sample images from 28/3.5)
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 14:22:44 +0800
Acer,

Good series of shots generally, although I'm going to be a bit picky about a
few !

Arches - I like this one a lot, the recession of the arches L to R, then R
to L.

Pathway - Once again the recession of the arches, and the dark ceiling hold
my attention.

Reception - OK, but I like to see verticals as vertical, unless it's really
exaggerated.

Alcove - Great, makes me feel like I want to go and sit there.

Cozy corner - Nice, but I'd like to see the verticals either parallel or
more converging, looks a bit like it's not quite right.

Stairs - I like it.

Sitting room - Good, but I would like to see all the chair legs, may have
been better shot vertically.

Ages - I like the line of the banister.  I would burn in the right hand side
of the photograph (VDUs & window area) to guide the viewer towards the
centre rather than the right.

> Fire at will! Anything you can tell me to make my work better
> will be much
> appreciated. Any messups are mine, not the lenses :) (except
> color print
> blame goes to Fuji)

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia