Re: [OM] Blacked-out "Olympus" on front lens ring

Subject: Re: [OM] Blacked-out "Olympus" on front lens ring
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:05:41 EST
In a message dated 2000-02-17 7:38:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I just received my "new" Zuiko 100mm f/2.8, and it looks to be in great
 condition...except that some previous owner blacked out "Olympus" "Zuiko"
 "Auto", etc. from the front ring with what appears to have been black magic
 marker (they left some info unmarked). Was this some kind of security thing
 or do some zuikoholics su*bscribe to a fanatic cult with bizarre
 initiation rituals?

 Is there any way to remove the marker without risking damage to the lens?

It sounds as if they were trying to make the lens less obtrusive, and
probably did the same thing to their camera body as well. In short. a
dedicated street shooter perhaps--except such would have chosen an 85F2.0 or
135F2.8 to start with. FWIW.

Alex