Re: [OM] Experimenting with BG2

Subject: Re: [OM] Experimenting with BG2
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:49:24 -0600
At 08:18 AM 2/17/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Does the same thing happen if the BG2 is not mounted on the OM1 and the
>connecting cable from OM1 to BG2 is removed? ...i.e. the hardware is the
>BG2, the two flash units, the cable from BG2 to slave flash.

No, because you can't drive the flash without the camera, if I understand
your question.

Here's the path:

OM-1 > PC cord + extension > BG2 shoe + T20 flash
                           > BG2 TTL socket > TTL cord > TTL auto connect +
T20

If the T20 on the BG2 shoe is turned on and cycled up first and then the
remote T20 turned on, all is fine.

If the remote T20 is cycled up first, it will discharge as the other T20 is
turned on.  This doesn't happen when the whole system is governed by TTL
cords, only when the PC cord and TTL cords are mixed.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA