Re: [OM] focusing accuracy

Subject: Re: [OM] focusing accuracy
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:02:39 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Dirk Wright wrote:

> As I said before, the weak spot in all SLR cameras is the lens mount
> itself. It is very hard to maintain high precision when the lens mount
> is bolted to the body.

Can't see how this would affect focusing accuracy, though.  The distance
from lens to film plane compared to distance from lens to focusing
screen (via mirror) wouldn't change if the lens mount were to become
distorted, would it?

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |