Re: [OM] bounce grip or other modification for vertical format

Subject: Re: [OM] bounce grip or other modification for vertical format
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:07:44 +0100
: I am shooting a lot more basketball than I thought I would, and
: consistently get my best results shooting in the vertical format.
: Unfortunately, I don't find my 4T with MD2 and camera mounted flash
: especially comfortable to use in the vertical format.
:
: Is there a bounce grip that is particularly well designed for
: vertical work?

There are flash brackets that are made for vertical shots. They're just flat
plates that attach to the camera and have a shoe on the other side. There are
also
flash brackets that can be changed from L-shape to stretched shape.
Btw, I have learned myself to use the thumb for the shutter release button
rather
than the index finger when doing vertical shots with the MD. This allows you to
let the MD Grip rest in the palm of your hand, relieving the extra weight of the
flash or a heavy lens.

H@nz