Re: [OM] FLASH WITH 20MM MACRO

Subject: Re: [OM] FLASH WITH 20MM MACRO
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:30:46 -0800
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>

I'm still looking
for interesting subject matter to shoot.

It's everywhere! Just look around!

Some starting points:

Wood. You can clearly see the stoma in oak.

Paper. Amazing texture. Use strong side-lighting.

Fabric. Want to count the strands in a fine silk scarf?

Leaves. Looks like tiny road-maps shot from a satellite.

Sea shells. You can get thousands of different shots out of an abalone shell without even moving the camera, just by moving the lights!

Insects. Did you know a butterfly wing looks scaly up close?

Feathers. More complex than you ever realized.

Tree bark. A whole hidden universe.

Flowers. Yea, sure, for those who lack imagination. (Just kidding! :-)

An art teacher of mine once said that people tend to be attracted more to either shapes or textures. I normally go for shapes in composition, but have to force myself to think of textures when doing macro.

I currently have a 24" x 36" print of these ice crystals hanging in the Streff Gallery at Marylhurst University. (OM-2n, and a Zuiko 50/3.5 that Acer has now.) (240k)

  <http://www.bytesmiths.com/Art_Gallery/793932-1024.jpg>

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>