Re: [OM] EBay OT Stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] EBay OT Stuff
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:06:58 -0600
Doris:  Thanks for the kind note.  I agree with you that, although these
purchases are themselves beautiful, the purpose is to be used.  I'm still
learning when to use what.  I've had the OM-1 and OM-2 with just three
lenses for 20 years and have been pleased with the results.  Now I have
choices and those choices are often difficult.

I just agreed to purchase a 100 2.8 and separately a 180 2.8.  I think both
of these are going to quickly become favorites.  One of my 'goals' is to set
myself up with a small portrait environment.  I have two children and am
always taking pictures for the relatives.  I'd like to do a better job.  I
also found a 1->3 TTL adapter, so I'm going to setup up some inexpensive
umbrellas and experiment with the right combination of flashes. I have (or
will soon) two T32, three T20 and one F280, so any advice on setup would be
greatly appreciated.  My initial thought was to use the two T32 in umbrellas
at 45 degrees from the subject and go from there, perhaps with a T20 on the
BG2 for fill.  Suggestions? Thoughts?  Which umbrellas? What background?

Oh yes, the XA.  I've had one for many, many years. It's small, quirky and
sometimes difficult to use, but the results are amazing for its size.  I had
an opportunity to go to China about 15 years ago and for a lot of reasons,
the XA was the camera I took.  I still treasure shots of the Great Wall
stretching over the horizon.

To Zuikoholism!

Tom

About the buying/selling.  If you are looking for anything, do keep checking
my site.  I am picking up some duplicates and will always be fair with list
members.  Trades are welcome too.