Re: [OM] EBay OT Stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] EBay OT Stuff
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 01:03:27 -0500 (EST)

   There's no need for Tom to apologize. He's got the OM-fever,
  and baaaaad. OMadness is something we Zuikoids can all identify
  with. I have carried on at length about my acquisitions, OM and
  otherwise, and admire Tom's kamikaze dive into Olympus.

          {If truth be told, I'm a tad jealous}

   My advice ? Keep it up and take time to use the stuff, I mean
  wear the finish into brass with your own hands and learn to
  appreciate it. Know your cameras and the lenses in your quiver
  by heart. All of them, and in your case that's going to take a
  lot of time and film.
  Take the sage technobabble here as Gospel personal truths earned
  via experience, and also season it with a little salt as well.

       Trust Master Maitani's wisdom in its entirety.

      So many of the "lesser" lenses in the line-up
  are superb in exactly the kind of nuanced ways that a
  Master would appreciate. When Manuel Alvarez-Bravo
  was in his nineties, he obtained two OM XAs. I think
  I know why he chose them. I would love to see what he
  shot with them...I keep digressing...
    Oh, yeah, one more thing: When you find a body/lens
  that synergizes with your vision, in your own hands, forget
  what everyone else says, and keep that candle lit.
  It's one thing to have a collection in a glass case, another
  to let the photons flow through it.
             Welcome to the fold, Brother Tom.

                   Low Priestess of the ZuiKulchur,
                            *= Doris Fang =*